Domestic Violence UK offers free telephone counselling services to individuals. The sessions focus on the individual’s physical, mental, emotional and psychology wellbeing.
Please Note: If you are in an abusive relationship and requires an urgent response or needs in-depth support please contact the National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247, the Men’s Advice Helpline on 0808 801 0327 or The National LGBT Helpline(Broken Rainbow) on 0300 999 5428.
This counselling service is provided by professional counsellors.
They abide by the Code and Ethics of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
They provide 4 sessions (50 minutes each) for now and this is largely due to funding issues.
The areas of counselling are as follows:
- Coping with traumatic events
- Self Esteem
- Coping/Adjusting with change
- General personal development
This is a form of aftercare support and Telephone Counselling is not suitable for everyone.
It is not intended for those who are at the risk of harming themselves.
It is also not suitable for anyone already seeing a professional counsellor/therapist.
The benefits and advantages of Telephone Counselling are as follows:
- It’s highly accessible
- It’s offered by fully trained professional Counsellors/Psychotherapists
- It is a more convenient for some people and removes barriers
- It’s a good start for people seeking face-to-face therapy
- Confidentiality is maintained throughout the whole session.
To enquire about Telephone Counselling please fill in this form below: (Please read Terms and Conditions)